Monday 11 February 2013

Daily Routine

We try to keep a bit of a daily routine!!  It is somewhat comforting to keep something familiar when I am so far away from home for so long!!  At times, I believe that I am somewhat of a reluctant traveler.  I love to travel, but I also love the comforts of my home, the security of my family, and the support that I receive from my friends.  So keeping a routine has a touch of familiarity.

Since our arrival to Thailand, our day usually begins with Hoss on the computer, watching his Flyers, checking his emails, reading the news, talking on skype, reviewing the stock market, and making travel plans.  Me, on the other hand, wearing my swimsuit, grab my book, journal, camera, and head for the pool where I swim a few laps for 30 minutes or so, then write in my journal of the previous day's activities, review the pictures I took, so a plan for blogging can be made, then finish it off with a few chapters in the book that I am currently reading.  We then head out for a bit of breakfast and the necessary coffee to begin each day.  Coffee is usually espresso or instant because Thailand is not a coffee or tea drinking nation, so you gets what you get!!  We then head to the beach, catch a few rays, head out and walk around getting to know the sights.  Then back to the condo for a rest, shower and cool down!!  There are many choices of restaurants, so supper is never a problem, you just have to decide what you want to eat.  Meals are relatively inexpensive, so the cost is not a problem.  After eating, we meander around, finding dessert, then head back to the condo for TV and reading. 

A few more days in Jomthiem, and we will then head out to Phuket, Thailand.





                                          Our pool!

                                          One of the many small watering holes just down from our
                                           condo.

                                          Anything you want can be bought on the street or beach... furniture,
                                          herbs, drinks, clothing, food, jewelery, floaties, stuffies,
                                          beach chairs, coffee, massages, pedicures, etc, etc, etc!!

                                         Enjoying the beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment