Saturday 25 January 2014

Salinas, Ecuador

We found Salinas very enjoyable.  The boardwalk was a long walk, with a beautiful view, and lots of restaurants, bars, and plenty of beach.  One morning I found an internet shop to work on my blog, and the shop also had phones for people who need to use them.  A gringo came in, used a phone to call his wife.  He let to be known to all of us in the shop that he and his wife were going through some marriage difficulties by screaming, pleading, and crying to his wife to come home.  He left the shop but came back twice more, and had the same conversation with his wife using his same loud voice.  This became a bit worrisome to me, because he was out of control emotionally.  After the third conversation he encountered his wife on the street and screamed at her for several minutes.  People on the street stopped their activity to witness his abusive rant.  I have no idea why his wife returned!!  I´m sure her safety is in jeopardy!  I was more scared of him than I was of the thief who tried to rob us!




                                            A funky tree by our hostal.

No comments:

Post a Comment