Saturday 16 December 2017

Weta Workshop, Miramar, New Zealand

I must be living under a mushroom, that I haven't heard about this company, but I have certainly seen its work!  Weta Workshop does creative development, publishing, weapons, props, creatures, make-up, miniatures, public art, and merchandise for movies. Their biggest films are Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, King Kong, Tin Tin, and many, many more.  I was flabbergasted!  I thought the movie Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were shot in New Zealand because of the scenery, I had no idea it was shot here because Weta Workshop is located in a suburb of Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand.  We toured the workshop and found it to be amazing to learn about how this company all began, and how they create all the movie magic.









No comments:

Post a Comment