Friday 27 January 2012

Manuel Antonio National Park

We decided to take in a national park.  Manuel Antonio is a smaller park but highly popular.  We had to dicker with a guide about the price, but he was willing to come down to what we asked, but I still had the feeling he took us to the cleaners.  A guide wasn't really necessary, but there were some animals and plants we would not have noticed without him.  He took us on a leisurely paced walk and stopped often to show and tell.  We got to see a few animals, birds, insects, plants, but I guess I wanted to see more, so in some way it was a bit of a disappointment, but I would still recommend this park to anyone who hasn't seen it before.

The park offers five beaches, which was a godsend. It was glorious to cool down in the ocean after walking through the jungle.  It was wonderful to have our guide drop us off at the beach and leave us to our own devices to make our way back to town.  This was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my whole entire life!!!!  I could actually live there!!  The sand is a gorgeous white fine powder, with clear blue water that has no surf. 



It was an extremely enjoyable experience.  The small town of Manuel Antonio is a funky little hippie town with a ton of restaurants and hotels.  It would be a great place to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment