Tuesday 8 January 2019

Fishing Anyone?


We were sitting at Playa Ropa one afternoon, enjoying the day, swimming, visiting, and all the while watching a huge flock of pelicans floating and fishing. We were in and out of the water cooling off several times always noticing a large school of small fish swimming around our legs. The pelicans swam among us and certainly weren't timid of all the people in the water. At one point I was startled by a large brown pelican because it dived about a metre away from me to fish. But, even more startling was when the small fish around our legs started jumping out of the water pelting us with their bodies trying to escape the pelicans who were diving all around us fishing. I even had a small silver fish in my cleavage that I needed to discard. The people in the water were screaming, and holding their hands over their heads. It was quite a scene for a brief few seconds. I felt no fear, but was totally awe-struck! Another National Geographic moment! So much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment