Saturday 23 March 2013

The North Shore of Oahu

The North Shore of Oahu is where the monster waves happen.  Extreme surfing happens here and only the best dare this activity!!  The day we were there the waves were big, the biggest I have ever seen, but not the biggest the locals have ever seen!!  We laid down our sarongs and enjoyed the beach, sun, waves and surfing.  The sand has these little, flat, seashells that stick to your body, clinging steadfast even after a shower.  Pre-adolescence children walk confidently into the spray of the ocean carrying their smaller sized boards, eager to become accomplished surfers.  I, on the other hand, am leery to enter the water of the shoreline, fearing the sweep of the rip-tide!!  I have always loved watching surfing, and any surfing movie that happens to be on TV you'll find me watching it!!!  So, I was blissfully in heaven, this fine afternoon, watching a sport that seems so me so distant and exotic, from any of the sports I have experienced!!!














                                          An example of homes that line the beach.



                                         This is the lane that is behind the beach homes were
                                           you can park.  The highway is to the left of this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment