Saturday 21 February 2015

Sawtell Beach

Sawtell has a beautiful beach.  It has a bit of everything...a surf for surfing enthusiasts, shallow, calm waters for people like me who don't enjoy being smashed into the sand with wild waves, soft, white sand that stretches out for quite a distance to provide lots of room when it is busy.  The day we were there, a high school class was going on.  Surfing instruction was being given!  I was quite surprised, I thought it was a physed class, but the class also includes instruction on marine life and welfare.  Girls and boys were instructed separately. 



                                          
                                         Schools in session!!

                                       I am a beach walker and shell collector.  Hoss found this beautiful shell for me.  It looks quite fragile, so I took a picture of it in case it doesn't make it home!


No comments:

Post a Comment