Friday 16 February 2018

Jellyfish

While having a beer at a beach bar we were informed by an English couple the that there are a lot of poisonous jellyfish, such as box jellyfish that can kill you, and Portuguese Man of War that will probably send you to the  hospital if stung, off the shores of Langkawi. Bummer! I thought! Then researched it online. Most of the scare comes from incidences that happened 8-9 years ago, and I guess if you go in the ocean there is a chance you could get stung. I have been stung a couple of times, once in Panama, and then again in Costa Rica, but only had a mild reaction. So after I convinced myself there was little reason to be concerned I came across this creature as I was going for my first dip in Langkawi!


                                     Good thing this is a non venomous species of jellyfish.

                     These creatures are a much nicer find! Lots of hermit crabs and this small starfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment